UR824 and Nicecast

I’m looking to stream a live performance online using Rogue Amoeba’s Nicecast to broadcast from my UR824. However, when I use that program, I only get the first audio input to broadcast, instead of the full array of inputs. I’m not sure if this is a Nicecast limitation or I just don’t know how to configure the UR824, though I suspect the latter.

Would anyone have any suggestions? Any thoughts are much appreciated.

I’ve never used any of the *CAST stuff, but just guessing, I don’t think they care about audio quality. You may need to provide a summed mono audio stream for their server/software.

When you say the “first” input, I assume that ONE mono stream is all the software will provide.
Tim

(Hmm - this may be a repost since I thought I already made a reply, but it didn’t seem to take)

Thank you for the reply, Tim. I think that it might be able to take the first 2 inputs, it’s just that I don’t have the second one used.

Do you know how I could sum the stream into a stereo or mono output?

Sorry, Bruno. I really don’t know anything about the Rogue Amoeba Nicecast interface
or what DAW you’re using. The nicecast software is probably not ASIO compatible, so
you’ll need someway to communicate with your DAW and the streaming program.
I might be wrong, but I thought you were wanting to broadcast your whole band.
Provide more details and we’ll see if we can figure it out.

Tim

I didn’t see any technical info on their website, but I did see that you can use VST’s. Maybe someone who uses a Mac
can give you better help than me. Sorry.

Tim

No problem. I appreciate the input - I’m going to give it a few more attempts - hopefully I can post a solution.

Ok - I figured it out.

Nicecast has an “Advanced” section for broadcasting from a program. It defaults to Multi-process Mode - I switched it to Standard Mode and everything worked. (Shrug)