UR824 Bypass Preamp for Mojave mic

Is there a way to by pass the preamp for UR824? since there is no dedicated line in port, all ports are mic/line, is there a way to bypass the preamp. I just got myself a new Mojave Ma200 which should sound warmer and bigger but right now it sounds very thin and airy just like my cheap MXL 2006, I am thinking if it is the D-pre causing the change of tone for this Ma200. I would purchase a preamp for it, but I would like to know if there is a way to bypass the preamp.

Bump anyone?

(sadly?) No. But you can put it a unity gain looking at the manuals.

I used a SPL goldmike in this way quite successfully.

BTW I thing the UR824 is very transparent. I don’t think it has anything to do with your problem, maybe is just a thing of matching correctly gain an impedance.

Thank you for the reply :slight_smile: I’ve been doing some research, if I am getting a preamp then I should use line-in into the input and press PAD and turn the nob all the way down if I am not wrong, it still won’t bypass but at least it helps to match Line level.

Hmm, if UR824 is very transparent I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I have teste3d the Mojave Ma200 Mic with my friend’s RME babyface, I can hear the true sound of a Mojave, its a tube mic, warm and full, both of our signal chains are the same, basically we run the Mic → AI ( His RME and Mine is UR824) → computer. But the sound is drastically different. On UR824 this expensive tube Ma200 sound as cheap as a MXL2006, I am really bothered by this right now, appreciate it if someone can shed some light on this.

As mentioned above there is no way to truly bypass the mic pre but you can minimize it’s impact by engaging the pad and keeping the gain down.

Re the sound, there must be something else going on. I don’t find the mic pres sounding thin or cheap at all, especially with tube mics. There must be something not quite right with your setup. When comparing to your friend’s recordings are you listening the playback on the same speakers?