UR824 routing - Help, I MUST be missing something?

Ok, I’ve searched and searched, this must be simple but I can’t figure it out…

I have a UR824 interface. Standalone, I can use dspMixFx and set up four Mixes using all 24 available analog and digital inputs. All good.

In Cubase, I obviously can’t use dspMixFx. I can’t for the life of me work out how to access and adjust the UR824 Mix 1-4 from within Cubase… and it’s kind of important because only Mixes can be assigned to the headphone outs.

The only thing I can think of is to go into dspMixFx right before I open Cubase and mute everything on Mixes 1-4 except the DAW channel, otherwise each mix is ‘everything on’. Then open Cubase and use Mix 1-4 as direct DAW outputs.

Am I missing something, or does Cubase really not give you any access to the interface’s DSP mixer, except being able to assign the mixes to line/digital/headphone outs? I know about the hardware rack in the mix console, but I mean the basic Mix balance, mute status etc.

Thanks for any insight, to help keep me sane!

Hi @Huckleberry.

Are you using the Control Room to make connections?

It’s been years since I set my UR824 up but I followed this:. I’m on Windows 10 with Cubase 11.5:

Yes, I’m using the Control Room. It’s like Cubase isn’t taking control of the UR824 properly.

In case this helps anyone else struggling, I think I’ve found a workaround. If I go into dspMixFx before opening Cubase and recall presets that mute everything except the DAW channel on Mix 1-4, quit it, then open Cubase, monitoring and direct monitoring works as expected for Mix 1 at least.

I have not looked at setting up cue mixes with Mix 2-4 yet but will explore that next.

1 Like