UR824 This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Thanks for trying your guitars Dave. I appreciate it. I’ll go back through my stuff and report back at some point. I think another user reported that either a LP or LP Junior had distortion on his UR22(?), don’t remember; others didn’t specify which guitars distorted.

We have a UR22 that has one of the defective serial numbers, but we aren’t using a mic that requires phantom power, so we can’t give the required mic info to Steinberg for a repair. If we decide at some point to use Phantom power were out of luck. This adds to my aggravation with Steinberg stuff. We are getting burnt twice! No MORE!

Here’s a little suggestion out of left field: try changing the usb port you use to connect the UR824 to your computer.

Today I was changing and moving peripherals and I reconnected my 824s to a different USB port. I noticed that even when using large buffer sizes, I was hearing crackles and distortion periodically. Looking at my input channels, Cubase was showing a regular audio spike every half a second or so on the first input. There was no sound, but a regular pulse on the input channel that coincided with a regular asio meter overload. I’ve never had anything like this before and I was worried I had a hardware problem. I changed the usb port I was using, and the problem disappeared.

Don’t ask me how a usb port can introduce this kind of problem, but it did.

Steve.

Thanks for the tip Steve. That’ll probably help somebody, however, I never change USB ports for any hardware. The same distortion on two different PCs and 3 Operating Systems. I don’t have crackles, I did early on, but rectified it through OS optimizations. The UR824 seems to work in every respect except with my Jackson guitar and ShoBud Pedal Steel. I’ve been too busy to try other guitars, but will when I get a chance. Thanks.

please help,I have the same issue where dspmixfx can see device,what can I do

“…please help,I have the same issue where dspmixfx can see device,what can I do”

Tich, I found that external USB drives connected will cause the error. I disconnect other USB devices before starting the UR824, then reconnect the USB devices after the UR824 is connected. Hope this helps.

thanks for your prompt reply,i have tried it but no success,the ur824 is correctly installed ,I can even see it in my devices,also can use it,because I need ti use it inmy DAW,it doesn’t work without the dsp,
the ideal complete reinstalling windows just does me,it takes me 2 to 3 dates to completely install my softwares,believe you me,i have tried support no response

Your problem sounds a little different than what I had. When I got the code 10 error, the UR824 was NOT in the device manager. After I disconnected all USB devices I could then successfully connect the UR824. Sorry I couldn’t help.