urgent help needed !!

hi !
a little while ago i posted on a problem .
midi edit is crashing my system .

it is still doing it ::
i have…
trashed prefs
reinstalled c7.5
re installed the hs se. (the vst i use for the editor )

i get a bluescreen now and windows crashes … what is happening

obtw in c7.06 this is not happening …

is there a video driver bug (redraw that is known about ?? )…'???

pls constructive help only …
thanks in advance
T

am i looking at a corrupt install , a win7 problem , or what ???
mods … guys … please …???

Hi, was the Problem ALWAYS there?

Bluescreen → This is a direct hint to a corrupted Driver.

Did you try reinstalling the graphics Driver?

Cheers, ernst

started when i installed c 7.5…
then i re installed win7…
now the problem is worse…

in cyle mode between 30 -100 passes with edits … the sound plays but the gui gets wiped (no redraw) next mouse click …blue screen …

Sounds like you have a serious PC problem either your graphics card is on the way out, or your hard disk is, not a Cubase problem as such, but reinstalling Cubase may be making the problem worse if its your hard drive.

Try to test your memory and check disks for defectives with CHKDSK.exe, I believe that when you wit F5 or F8 when starting windows you can get into the maintenance mode where memory testing is available, do not knwo for sure, but it’s googable!

You could try to analyze Windows minidumps with BlueScreenView to see which drivers are found in the crash stack, to narrow down the issue.

Good luck!

Search the forum for downgraded device drivers, it is possible that some of your hardware will be in there somewhere…

ok i fresh installed everything …will test after the weekend first no plug ins …

as far as disc is concerned it is relatively new …
and i dont turn off much just when i am out on the road and or to refresh my ram …
but i will check that as well …
hmmm the g.card ??? maybe … that is old … and way to strong for what i want it for …worth looking into…
first the software …
thanks all …
if i find out what it is then … i will post …

have a good weekend .
T

Hi All

Just a thought Tony, is your primary disc an SSD, I recently had a similar problem which turned out to be caused by the SSD disc which the manufacturer (Adata)replaced (bless 'em) it was about 11/2 years old too. It The machine would lock up every so often, then blue screen, sometimes just blue screen,a bit random but…just a suggestion!

Best Regards

Dave

no just a standard s ata … 1tb

thanks anyway