URM28M REAL direct monitoring PLEASE HELP.

Hi folks, just bought this new yesterday and love it as it is exactly what I need however…

I need to be able to monitor the live vocal through the unit without having to press the ‘monitor’ button in Cubase otherwise it defeats the object. For example, when trying to record an overdub to a vocal, i have to knock out the ‘monitor button’ to hear the playback but this switches off the live mic, so the singer can’t sing along to it and hear himself.

This works outside of Cubase when the unit is in stand alone mode, lovely, but Cubase takes over and the dspMixFx mixer don’t work! this is a deal breaker for me unless there is a way to stop Cubase from taking over the hardware or somehow switch to allow the uit to give me real direct monitoring.

PLEASE HELP IF ANYONE HAS AN ANSWER TO GETTING THIS WORKING AS I HAVE AN IMPORTANT SESSION ON MONDAY AND NEED THIS SORTED OTHERWISE IM STUCK.

Thanks in advance peeps.

Have you tried switching to a different monitor mode? (I’m not by the daw now, so sorry if that’s no help.)

Yes, tried everything I can think of.
I have found a work-around but i really would like to get the dspMixFx mixer working inside Cubase. If there is a way to make it work it would be the ultimate for me!

It’s ok guys, I have sorted it now.
Thanks

I do what you mentioned in the first paragraph all the time and the singer hears themself live in the cans with the monitor button on. To hear the guide vocal, have the overdub be on a different track.

What did you do to make it work?

I sent my unit back as it was too noisy for me.

However, If you want to use it as intended WITHOUT Cubase taking control of it, do this:

for windows OS, locate the mr extension dll usually in: (program files/common files/steinberg/shared components) open it with notepad and simply delete all its text and save it (make a copy of the original if u still want to use with cubase control later)
for mac i guess it’s the same concept

enjoy!