Usb 3.1 in UR 44C

I’ve upgrade motherboard and it has USB 3.2 Gen1 but UR 44C doesn’t work with this type. Why? How to make it to?

According to your screenshot it looks like it is set to superspeed usb3. What makes you think it doesn’t work?

1 Like

Oh… I’ve thought it’s inactive cause it’s light grey. I’m embarrassed.) Thank you!
One more question: is there a reason to buy USB Type C/USB Type C cable? My motherboard have one connector. Will I get any use?

None. It’s highly confusing but assuming your motherboard has a square Type A connector then its just a different connector to Type-C. It doesn’t change the connection speed which is determined by the ports protocol which has switched to USB 3.1 Gen 1 in your screenshot for the UR44.

1 Like

Only if you want to use the interface bus powered (without the power supply adapter).

1 Like

Thank you, guys! I’ve come to conclusion that my speed depends on UR 44C and it is 5 Gb/sec for USB 3.1 Gen1. And my motherboard has USB 3.2 Gen 2 A connectors with 10 Gb/sec.

And that’s exactly right. (using the 10Gbps port would not change a thing)

Note btw that USB 3.2 Gen1 is exactly the same as USB 3.1 Gen1 (5Gbps). It’s actually the same physical spec that was just rebranded when they issued the 3.2 generation. Only the Gen2x2 (20G) was actual new stuff, other variants of 3.2 (the Gen1 or Gen2x1) were just 3.1 specs rebranded under 3.2 for more ‘convenience’. (or for more ‘confusion’ some might say)

And for those that would feel stuck with your older USB 2.0 only computers, don’t worry about it! The real-life performance gain of USB3 is near zero for a small interface with only 6 channels like the 44C (the tangible latency bottleneck is not there). If you have a stable USB2 setup, don’t bother with USB3.

1 Like

Very informative! Thanks!