Usb E-Licenser has already been registered.

Hi all,

I bought a licenser from ebay (Empty) and replaced my tatty looking (Worried it would break) old licenser. I have off loaded my licenses to it, went to register in “My Steinberg” and it states the USB licenser has already been registered.

Anyone know what I can do?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

It appears you bought a used eLicenser which has already been registered by the previous owner. You should ask them to “un-register” it.
J.L.

What jaslan said.

Unfortunately, in such cases also the Support Team cannot help, as we cannot delete registrations unless the request comes from the user who currently have it registered.

Kind regards,

You may be able to help me. I have an original dongle I registered (Dongle A). This works fine.
Thinking it was getting old and maybe there was a problem with it I transferred my licenses to a new dongle (Dongle B) and registered it.

Then finding that it still had a “fault”, which turned out to be my computer I transferred the licenses back and continued working for a while with Dongle A.

However checking new licenses later I discovered that Dongle B was registered but could not remember the password for it. And to complicate, when I enter “Forgot password…” it tells me that all my possible emails are used already.

Problem: What is Steinberg’s definition of a “user who originally registered…”. ie: Does support just need my name or do I NEED my password registration entry?

It’s complicated. I am resigned to just buying a new unregistered dongle though. If the solution is simple I’ll do that, but they don’t cost a fortune.

Hello Bantam,

no, it’s not too complicated.
In such cases the USB-eLicensers numbers and / or e-mail address(es) are usually all we need.

I’m sending you a PM.

@ iridium: please, contact the seller and ask him to delete the registration in MySteinberg (eLicensers tab → click on the USB-eLicenser → click on “delete registration”).

If the seller is no longer a Steinberg user, he/she can also contact us in order to assist (be it a registration, issues with the acces credentials or request the account cancellation).

Excellent, Fabio. Thanks. I have replied.

Thanks Jaslan, I was struggling with the same problem…
I hope it finally works :slight_smile: