Usb eLicencer

Hi, I have sold my CB 8 along with the Dongle that came with it, the person who bought it cannot register the licence as it has been activated, I use CB 13 pro, But I cant see the same activation code in my account under usb licence to deactivate it, there is a usb elicence but there are software (not cb8) attached to it, any advice please?
Thank you

Did you upgrade the Cubase 8 version to Cubase 13 before you sold the Cubase 8 license?

Hi, I upgraded from 12 to 13, I can now see the original licence in my account, and I have found an old email telling me to delete the usb licence from my account before selling, so hopefully this should work, thank you for replying :slight_smile:

Did you upgrade from 8 to 12? Or have you got two separate paid for versions?

8 to 9 to 10 to 11 to 12 to 13,
Steinberg informed me that it cannot be upgraded again

So that means your Cubase license on the USB eLicenser was marked as “Upgraded to Steinberg Licensing” at some point in time and therefore you can not sell this USB stick anymore.

This is the documentation about upgrading from eLicenser to Steinberg Licensing

Thank you for contacting Steinberg Technical Support.

If you have used your Cubase Pro 8 license already for an update, it can’t be used again to update to Cubase Pro 13
You can still use your Cubase Pro 13 license, if you give your USB-eLicenser away because we have introduced Steinberg Licensing with the release of Cubase 12 in 2022.

I am not selling an upgrade, I am selling the original which cannot be upgraded.

That’s not allowed. If you still use the upgraded version, i.e. Cubase 13, you can’t sell the versions you incrementally upgraded from (Cubase 8 to 12) because all versions are tied to the same license. If you want to sell Cubase 8 (actually the license for it), you also have to give away all upgrades.