USB Key question

I had Cubase 5 Full both on my main desktop and my Mac, using the same USB dongle. Because I didn’t like to move the dongle around, I bought Element 6 for my Mac, which I use mainly to remote recording. I also upgraded to C6 Full on my desktop. I would like to do the same upgrading to my Mac, for what I should put the USB dongle on it while installing and using C6. But I am affraid that, when I plug the USB and install the upgrade to C6, somehow Elements 6 would also will “write” his license to the USB, and I will have to plug it in anytime I want to use Elements…

My question is, is any way to tell USB License program NOT TO INCLUDE Elements 6 on the USB Key ?

Thanks and regards,

Martin

Anyone?

It shouldn’t overwrite the soft eLicense for Elements. You can run Elements with the dongle as the license covers it. To change the soft eLicense to the dongle requires an app, IIRC. You could always upgrade the license on another computer if desired.

… so the added bonus is that you can also install Elements 6 on your main desktop, and run it from your Cubase 6 Full USB key license, if you should wish to :wink:.

Thanks both of you.

I want to have full C6 on both, just for back-up purposes, but I need Elements 6 just on my Mac, which I use for remote recording. I bought Elements 6 because I don’t need the USB to run it, and I just want it to keep it this way.

Thanks and regards,
Martin