USB routing with Cubasis3

I have 3 different USB midi inputs (kawai piano, microfreak and a blofeld) connected to my iPad rundning cubasis3 via a powered USB hub. Only one of them works as input (the kawai piano). When I select one of the other and the midi Channel in use, I get no midi input. Midi output works fine to any of the devices.

I also use Korg Gadget 2 with Taipei on the same iPad. It is no problem to route both input and outputs in that application…
It would be nice to be able to use Cubasis instead.

Any advice of what can be wrong with my multi USB input problem to Cubasis 3?

Hi @Gummeson,

A warm welcome to the Cubasis forum!
Thanks for your message which has been shared with the team.

Best,
Lars

Great! To be more specific, I only get the problem when using latest version of cubasis 3 in a “multi USB MIDI HOST input” setup When using only one USB MIDI HOST on the USB chain, everything works ok with multiple traditional or soft midi devices on different channels behind it. And as I mentioned other apps on the same iPad can handle this multi usb host midi routing. (tested with Korg Gadget and Camelot)
Thank you for investigating.

Hi @Gummeson,

So far our engineering seems unable to reproduce the issue.

In their testing, it worked fine to use a USB-C hub ti connect two different keyboards with the iPad Pro M1/Cubasis. Here, Cubasis both keyboards are properly shown and selectable independently in Cubasis 3.4.3.

Please check if the “MIDI input only for armed track” option is enabled under “Setup/MIDI”, which might lead to the issue.

Best,
Lars

Hi Steinberg team

“MIDI input only for armed track” and disabling mackie control solved my issues with Cubasis on iPad.
Now everything is under control…

Thank you!

Hi @Gummeson,

Thanks for your reply!

“MIDI input only for armed track” and disabling mackie control solved my issues with Cubasis on iPad. Now everything is under control…

Glad to read this!

Stay safe,
Lars