use fader for other things than vol?

Hi Guys,

I’ve got a euphonix mc control and am also interested in the new CMC range.
One of the things I’d really like to be able to do is use my faders for something other than just volume.
Often I’ll be designing sounds or tweaking a synth sound, and it would be great to assign the fader to an automatable parameter and ‘ride’ it without too much hassle.
Basically, anything that shows up as an automation destination in the automation menu (on an audio or midi track) should be controllable with the fader.

The MC currently doesn’t support this, and my questions are:
-is there a way to configure the MC to do this that doesn’t involve too much hassle
-does SB’s CMC support this?

Cheers,

Joe

You may know this already, but MC mix does do fader flip. Any parameter on the knobs gets put on the faders, plug ins, sends etc etc… My personal opinion is that even though they are technically sold separately, the mix/control combo is really the full unit. I used to only have the Control and it’s great, but the combo is way better, grab one

Rather like the WK ID Console is the full beast as opposed to the ID-MIX and the ID-EDIT possibly?

Hey Kid Dropper,

Thanks for the advice, but I can’t afford either the deskspace or another MC unit just to have fader flipping.
Even the CMC would be a stretch for me at the moment, and I’m really surprised that there isn’t a function to do this.
The MC and CMC’s are controlled by software entirely so the limitation of the MC Control not having fader flipping is purely a coding one and not a mechanical one…

On top of that SB could implement such a feature quite easily…so perhaps I should repost this as a feature request…