I’m really scratching my head over here, trying to use drop down menues from LUA, but somehow they never seem to display the information I want them to. I’ve seen them work fine when directly connected to MacroPage parameters like filter types etc, but what about access from a script?
So as an example, let’s say I want to create a drop down box that allows the user to select which audio-output they want to use.
So I got a list of outputs via this.program.instance:findBusses() - great!
I also have defined a parameter gOutputs. But I don’t seem to be able to figure out how to make that list of outputs stored in gOutputs become selectable options in a menue-template on my UI.
The only thing I seem to be able to do is to drag gOutputs onto the “Value” field of my menue, which results in a long list of integers when clicking on the menue. Obviously what I’d like to see are the individual strings with the names of the outpus neatly listed as options.
I’ve tried defining gOutputs as different types - tables, string lists, you name it. None of it gives me the desired result. Maybe somebody could give me a clue, the documentation most certainly doesn’t, but I can’t imagine that I’m the only one trying to do this…