Use Tempo Track option

I had an awful time with one song where I apparently had “Use Tempo Track” selected under the Transport menu option.

First off, I had no idea that was on.

Secondly, the playhead of my song would not move and I couldn’t figure out why. I don’t have a tempo track in my song.

Once I deselected the option, my playhead began moving again.

I’ve sent a note to Tech Support on this issue and hopefully they’ll make the appropriate fix.

Why be able to control the playhead with this one option is ludicrous. If you don’t have a tempo track, this option should be disabled, otherwise you’ll spend a lot of time trying to figure out why your playhead doesn’t move. I had no clue that the tempo track (or lack of one) would be the culprit in this scenario.

Hi and welcome to the forum,

It’s not about the Tempo Track. In the lower Cubase editions, there is no Tempo Track at all. And there is always the Tempo Editor, what is the “Tempo Track” in the separated window.

It’s about the Tempo Event. And there is always at least one Tempo Event in the project (at the very beginning). You just have to know, how is Cubase working and be aware, what you are doing.