Used Download Assistant to get Cubase Pro 10.5.20 Full update from 10.5- now audio tracks lag

Hey all! New to the forum but wanted to see if anyone has experienced this issue or know of some ways to troubleshoot.

I have been operating Cubase Pro 10.5 with minimal issues. VST Drumforge was glitching/window not opening properly and needing to be closed and reopened several times in a sitting. I installed the Steinberg Download Assistant to check for any Drumforge updates, followed the prompts and downloaded two updates: “Cubase Pro 10.5.20 - Full” and Cubase 10.5.20- Update for Cubase Pro 10.5 Or Higher"). Since the updates, I have been experiencing a new lag, exclusively when dragging segments of audio tracks. I can edit the tracks with no issue otherwise (cut, mute, solo etc) but I cant drag or move audio tracks without a significant lag (2-3 seconds before segment will actually reflect the changes).

If anyone has any recommendations for troubleshooting that would be great. I would uninstall and reinstall the update but I am hesitant to make any more changes and risk losing any of my projects.

Thanks!

Hi and welcome to the forum,

As Drumforge is not a Steinberg plug-in, you cannot find its update in the Steinberg Download Assistant.

I would try to reinstall Cubase from the Full Installer (not the update installer) as administrator. If it doesn’t help, could you try in the Cubase Safe Start Mode [Disable preferences], please?