User interface - bug

Good evening,
Since version 3.5, I notice that the right panels are systematically beyond the right edge of my screen. I have to resize the window each time I change the mode.
Has anyone ever had this problem?

MacOs 10.12.6
Macbook Pro 13 pouces, début 2011
Dorico 3.5, French version

What’s your screen resolution, Sinfonie?

Default setting for the screen, in system preferences

It seems to be 1280x800.

You might try setting the option in Preferences to make new windows open maximized; ironically that should actually cause the windows to open smaller but limited by the size of your display.

Here ?
It does not work…

Try clicking the green maximize button in the top left corner, while holding the option key (it changes to a + sign). That should normally adjust your window to the size of your screen, without maximizing totally. (Sometimes 2 clicks required).
If the window is still spilling over the right edge, I wonder, is there a second monitor attached (or does the computer think there is)?

Thanks for the procedure. This is what I do to be able to work. But it does not change anything. When I change modes, the window always overflows from the screen.
I don’t have another screen connected to my computer.

That’s weird, I have never seen a Dorico window resize on a mode switch, and I don’t think it’s supposed to either. You don’t use macros or custom keyboard shortcuts to switch modes? I mean, something on your system does this unnecessary step, and I think it’s not Dorico on its own. (I know this possibility is a bit far-fetched: I can’t think of a good reason to replace ⌘1…⌘5 by something else.)

BTW: With the preference to open new windows maximized checked, when I select New Window (or type ⇧⌘T) in an open project, the new window is not maximized, unless the original front window was already maximized. The new window always inherits the maximization (is that a word?) from the front window, regardless of the the setting of the preference.

Pjotr, that’s correct, Dorico “clones” the existing window when you choose Window > New Window.

Sinfonie, unfortunately I think you’re being bitten by the fact that the horizontal resolution of your screen is insufficiently large for the minimum size of the window when Dorico is running in French. I’d be interested to know if you encounter the same problem when running Dorico in English on your system – my suspicion is that you would not.

Hello Daniel. Thanks for your answer.

PjotrB : I haven’t changed the shortcuts … And a new window doesn’t change anything …

Daniel : Indeed, I have no problem of dimmensions with Dorico in English … !!
But, here it is … I am French and am not at ease with English … (It is google which translates all my messages).
Is there a patch planned to correct this? Since I bought software that is intended to work in French … :wink:

I’m not sure there’s a great deal we can do about this unless we change the translations for the mode names or otherwise change the UI significantly. But we’ll see if we can come up with a solution, though I really can’t promise anything.

Let’s say that if it is not improved, it makes me lose a lot of time (and serenity) in my work …

that said, I love Dorico so much that I will continue to use it …

Daniel at Steinberg -
“I’m not sure there’s a great deal we can do about this unless we change the translations for the mode names or otherwise change the UI significantly. But we’ll see if we can come up with a solution, though I really can’t promise anything.”

Perhaps something like the ability to use abbreviations? Dorico could have an “Abbreviation Table” in which users could define their own short descriptions for certain interface items. An interface toggle switch could enable/disable the associated abbreviations.