Using Addictive Drums With Cubase?

I’m trying to use Addictive Drums in a multi out set up, so as to separate each drum in the kit onto it’s own track. When I select “activate all outputs”, seems to give me the appropriate channels in the mix console. But when I dissolve the drum midi into separate tracks, Cubase gives me more channels/faders in the mix console, leaving me with a mix console full of faders I shouldn’t have. I have also activated all of the little track outputs buttons at the bottom of the faders inside of Addicitive Drums, but I’m new to AD2 and this version seems to have a lot more options when opening up this section, and I’m not sure which to choose.

Does anyone know what I’m doing wrong?

Well you created multi outs and multi midi channels so you’re seeing them all in the MC as you’d expect.
You can use the filter channel types to hide Midi channels if you don’t want to see them.

Then that seems like there are three ways to possibly send the multi outputs of AD to separate tracks in Cubase? Is that correct? If so, I’m not sure which setup is the correct way.

There is the “activate channels” in Cubase, which I’ve done.

There are the little light up outputs in AD itself, which I’ve also done.

Then there are the separate channels that are created when I explode/dissolve the original drum midi.

Which way is the correct way? Or should I be combining two or more of these steps?

I just tried it again, for ONE drum midi track, dissolved, I end up with 12 tracks in the track list and 168 channels/faders in the mix console? :cry:

I know that one of the issues I’m having is that when I dissolve the original drum midi to separate tracks, Cubase opens up a new instance of Addictive Drums and loads one on each track. How do I get the separate tracks, but all routed to the same, single, initial instance of AD?

I don’t use addictive so don’t really know what the little lights are…I guess some way to set the number of outs available in the plug…other plugs will have a fixed amount always available.

Then Cubase activate outs will always be required to make the channels in the mixer so you can treat the sounds differently.

You don’t need to dissolve the midi track for multi outs…though arranging and editing the midi parts can be easier with separate tracks.

I just tried it again, for ONE drum midi track, dissolved, I end up with 12 tracks in the track list and 168 channels/faders in the mix console?

midi dissolve will make as many different tracks as there are different notes in the parts. JUST dissolving a midi drum part shouldn’t create 168 channels in the MC.