using arrow keys to navigate between notes

No more whack a mole disease… This makes navigation in a score a pure joy!!!

Yes this is fabulous.

joyful joyful! thank you!!

I consider this “burying the Lead.” I watched Daniel’s very impressive announcement stream. Clearly a lot of work and intellect went into the condensing scores tab and other “big banner” features. But honestly, this much more rational arrow navigation will make a bigger difference to me day in and day out, as will the ability to input stacked parts on onto multiple parts without a separate explosion step.

There is something for everybody here. For people who have not been software developers, I can tell you that V3 is about the time that one expects to see software development really bog down as developers find themselves devoting higher and higher percentages of their time de-constructing and re-constructing the building blocks that don’t really fit together so well with the new features.

The fact that Steinberg flew right through V3, delivering far more capability than any reasonable person had a right to expect, tells us that they got the early architectural decisions mostly right. That’s a big deal.

Also under the heading “Burying the lead”, please note that Dorico 3 has extensive support for chord symbol ranges, e.g. when desiring to show chords for a player only during solo passages… There are now two new options:

• You can simply set the player to show chords only within slash regions.

• If there are other places you want to show chords, e.g. on the last note of a song, indicating the player should play the final note, then improvise something beyond that, you can create a chord symbol region.

That is all terrific. It does not handle the case where we might want to simplify the spelling of chords for some players (typically bass), but there are reasonable work-arounds for that.

I thought and hoped you would enjoy the chord symbol region improvements, Craig.

I am not known as a person who (how shall we say?) hands out copious compliments.

This is brilliant work. The team should be very proud.

Thank you. If you have the opportunity to tell your former Finale-using friends what a step forward Dorico 3 represents, we’d be very grateful!

See Reaching out to our Finale- (and Sibelius-) using friends. - Dorico - Steinberg Forums

Agreed.

I think the “little” things like navigation are worth the upgrade price alone.

I echo Leo elsewhere that the vertical adjustment of lyrics will also make a huge impact on my workflow and quality.