Using Cubase on 2 Computers

Hi,

The usb dongle can share over LAN or over WAN (internet)

You can use as a NETWORK LICENSE.

The copyright don’t allow to use program on more than one computer simultaneously.

I recently tried Eltima USB Network Share, in order to share a eLC Dongle plugged to my Windows Studio Machine via Network with my MacBook Pro downstairs, as I’m tired of jumping up and down the house to get the dongle.

No luck. Eltima support told me it isnt possible to share eLC and other dongles via network due to their protection code.

So, does anybody SUCCESSFULLY share a eLC dongle via Network? Preferably across Windows/MacOSX. Which Software, please?

Hello friends,

Probably tomorrow I will have this: Belkin-F5L009-5-P.

Of course, from local market…

I’ll keep you in touch with experiments.

Have a nice weekend!

Regards!

hi,

my old belkin work great on LAN. For WAN must use VPN

Regards

Just got Belkin today.

@nicusorb

Can you advice?

How did you do it with VPN?

Succeded?

You-ll get some beers anyways…

Cheers!

Hi,

Belkin monitor use LAN broadcast to detect Belkin Hardware.
You need a router with VPN server inside. PPtP is easy to use and easy to configure.

Short example.

Your PC it is OUTSIDE from LAN.
Belkin IP is 192.168.10.15.
When connect from external with VPN you must have IP from same class (192.168.10.16 as axample). Most VPN don’t allow broadcast and must connect to Belkin manually.

…and you can use Cubase.

Regards,

Hi Guys

I just got two copies of Pro 8. Now I need to know how I can work the licenses.

Can I have BOTH copies licensed on the same dongle? (Or on both dongles)

It would be helpful if the dongles were interchangeable between each instance of Pro 8
There are two of us with laptops as well as the studio PC.

2 copies of Cubase between 3 systems doesnt go! and we would like maximum interchangyness.

Pete

Yes we now have two pro 8 licences on 1 dongle. I have the answer!

one dongle one cubase

more PC you must share USB to LAN

To my knowledge Steinberg does not offer network licensing.

Regards.

What you want is to have 2 dongles each with 1 license on it. Having 2 licenses on a single dongle doesn’t help much because you can only have that one dongle on a single system (ignoring the LAN sharing being discussed here). Also if you have 2 dongles each with a license, neither dongle is associated with a specific system with Cubase installed. You can have Cubase installed on all the machines. Just stick a dongle with a license on it into the machine you want to use and you are good to go.

is so comfortable. You can use at home and on laptop when you travel just need to have Internet access.

P.S. you not afraid to lose the dongle :smiley:

Best Regards,

No, you don’t even need the internet to use it. As long as you plug the dongle into the system you can run Cubase.

Right about loosing (or damaging) the dongle. The license is what you bought, not the software on your computer.

What you want is to have 2 dongles each with 1 license on it. Having 2 licenses on a single dongle doesn’t help much because you can only have that one dongle on a single system (ignoring the LAN sharing being discussed here). Also if you have 2 dongles each with a license, neither dongle is associated with a specific system with Cubase installed. You can have Cubase installed on all the machines. Just stick a dongle with a license on it into the machine you want to use and you are good to go.

Thats it… You got it man!

I dont have that at all! Im talking rubbish here. I have one licence on each dongle :blush:

I do not understand why you are so against something that eases your work.

I think it is right that people know about all possibilities and be their choice.

If people want to move the dongle from a PC to another PC…OK…if they want to stop doing this should know that there are alternatives and they can choose which one will.

Best Regards,

Sorry, I have nothing against a networked approach. I was just trying to clarify how the traditional model of dongle and license management worked, since it sounded like there might be some confusion about it (2 licenses on a single dongle). And someone would need to correctly understand this traditional approach in order to implement a network solution, right? In any case if someone wants to run 2 copies of Cubase simultaneously on two or more computers they will need 2 dongles with a license on each one. This is independent of whether the dongle is directly connected to the computer or accessed via the net. I resorted to describing it in terms of traditional dongle use for 2 reasons. 1. It is easier to explain in that context. 2. The method of accessing the dongle has zero relevance to the point I was making - i.e. you need 2 licenses and 2 dongles if you want to run 2 copies at the same time.

The post above seemed to imply that internet access was required for a dongle to work, which of course isn’t necessary if the dongle is plugged directly into the computer. Obviously if someone was accessing a dongle via the net then internet access would be required.

How do I install cubase 7 on a second computer. I started with cubase elements then upgraded to the full version. I have this on my laptop but want to have it also on my home pc with 2 monitors. I installed both versions but can get the dongle to work on the pc. Any sugestions?

Thanks,
Joe

Parrotspain:

Thanks for the info, it was most helpful. I wasn’t sure what I was missing as I moved from a remote recording location using my laptop to my home studio and using my larger desktop.

Mark

Hi to all

This is my first time when i’m posting something here. I have a big question and i hope that here i can get some answers/help.

I bought Cubase 7.5 few years ago, and now i own Cubase Pro 9.5 ( Cubase Pro 8/8.5 also ), but i don’t use anymore Cubase 7.5/8/8.5, i’m using Cubase Pro 9.5 only. The big question is: Can i “borrow” or transfer/clone my license to another Dongle if let’s say i wan’t to use it on another computer that doesn’t support Cubase 9.5 or higher? I have another “empty” Dongle and i want to give it to my cousin so we can work together. I tried to contact Steinberg for 1 and a half year, send emails but no answer. If there is anyone here who can help me with this problem, please reply. Thank you in advance.

Marius A.

No. Your license allows you to run Pro 9.5 (and lower versions) on multiple computers but only on one computer at a time. Also you only have a single 9.5 license and not another 7.5 license. When you upgraded from 7.5 you traded in your old 7.5 license and some money for the new license. If instead of upgrading, if you had bought a new copy of 9.5 then you would still have the 7.5 license because you wouldn’t have traded it in.