Using Cubase with MPC Renaissance as a VST

Hello.

I am using the MPC Renaissance as a VST In Cubase 8 on Mac OSX Ver 10.8.5 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 with 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 and my problem is one that I have discovered other Cubase users have. (You cannot send audio into the MPC Renaissance to sample) Once you open the MPC Renaissance as a VST inside of Cubase 8 you are not able to sample into it (send audio to the MPC VST). Only when the MPC software is used as a standalone without Cubase, the inputs become available.

I have relayed this info to AKAI technicians since the inception of the MPC Renaissance software and I have finally gotten an answer back from them, That answer was "You will have to contact Steinberg because the same feature works in Pro tools, Logic X, Ableton Live and a few other DAW’s.
(I have done this myself with Logic X)
Below is a very detailed example of this same setup being used in logic 9.

I have been trying to find a solution for this problem for the past 2 years and I have come across several different sites where Cubase users have the same problem.
Here are two examples of one such forum:

I have taken this issue to the Steinberg Forums and have gotten no answers whatsoever.
I am a Cubase user who switched form Logic some years ago because of the features and the way they were implemented along with the quick turnover in updates of the software.
I am hoping that this is an issue that will be fixed soon or with the next update.

Thanks for this … I just posted this same thing today…
I think the work around might be… perhaps using an audio track in Cubase and record the audio you want and somehow importing that clip into the MPC…and then editing it…
I haven’t tried this myself but I will…
Also…
Are you able to record the Midi notes into Cubase from all of the instruments that you use in the MPC? Like you would if you were using an instance of Kontakt or Halion. In those you can have multiple instruments and just change the Midi track in Cubase and record the midi notes… This saves so much Memory but I can’t figure out how to do this with the Akai plug-in in controller mode.