Using Cubasis as live audio device - PROBLEMS

Hi there,

I have been attempting to adapt cubasis into a live performance setting where the iPad is used as the playback device and cubasis is the platform in which multiple tracks are being performed at once. I have encountered multiple problems and unless I can find a solution soon, I am ultimately deeming the software unfit for a professional live environment

First let me explain my hardware list:

-iPad 4 2017
-Camera connection kit
-Presonus Audiobox 1818vsl audio interface
-8 x 1/4" to XLR male cables loomed

System settings:
Bit resolution: 16
Low Waveform Quality is ON
Hardware latency is off

Method used to perform task:

_1. Bounce down mp3 tracks @ 256kbps from a laptop computer - up to 6 different channels for each song. (bouncing WAV files causes Cubasis to overload and audio playback sporadically ceases to function). Click channel is also bounced (Cubasis does not have tempo change function mid song)

2. Replace “audio” file inside Cubasis with bounced tracks using iTunes.

3. Create new projects using Cubasis, manually adding mp3 channels relative to each song/project (Which is then converted to WAV anyway!)

4. Once all channels have been added to all songs and settings are dialled in and routed (no effects armed) the songs are ready for playback

_

Result:

Everything seems to work fine, until at any given point in a track (generally happens within the first 10 minutes) the audio playback ceases and the user has to close the app and open it again. This also happens very frequently while arming a MIDI track, in which I have ceased to use because it compromised the rig.

I have tried

1. Resetting my iPad settings
  2. reinstalling cubasis
    and still experience the same problem

I’m wondering if anybody else experiences this also? Could it be a hardware issue involving my Presonus Audiobox 1818vsl?

I hope I can find an answer to this soon, apart from all the minor discrepancies, and the major one being cubasis failing at live audio playback, I enjoy using Cubasis but cannot afford to use it with its current issue.

Hi nickmclernon,

Please increase polyphony (Setup/Audio) to a higher value and let me know if it helps to solve the issue.

Additionally, please double check with Presonsus if they are aware of any technical issues in regards to use the audio device on iOS.
If required, we’re glad to have them equipped with a Cubasis promo code for testing purposes.

Thanks,
Lars

I have advised Presonus support of the issue and provided a link to this thread. Currently awaiting reply from Presonus