Using Fast Track USB w/ Cubase 6

I was just trying to use my audio interface (M-Audio Fast Track USB) that i bought several years ago to record a guitar part. I installed the latest driver for it and everything seemed to be ok. My problem is my set up I guess. I can see Cubase is receiving a signal and when I click on the track after recording, something is there. But the volume is very low (basically inaudible) during playback. I’m not even sure how to explain my problem really, so I’ll try the simplest way. How do I set up my devices so I can record in through my interface and then playback through my installed soundcard? Trying to set output through my audio card didn’t seem to do anything for me, but maybe that is because the record volume is too low. Hell, I don’t know. Throw some suggestions at me and I will troubleshoot them. And yes I have read the manual and watched the tutorials.

Well I just tried recording again and playing with the settings and still no luck. I don’t know why something that should be so easy is giving me a headache. I guess I wait for tech support to contact me and I really hope they can help me figure out my problem ( whether or not it’s in cubase or my interface). Wish me luck and maybe I’ll get something done this year.

You should use the one and the same audio interface/ sound card at one and the same time…

M-audio in => M-audio out…

Plug headphones into your m-audio or hoock them up to some amp/ speaker combo…

Cheers