using full Cubase7, can I "save as" into C.Artist7 format

I am working/collobarting with a friend, he uses Cubase.Artist.7, and I Cubase7.
Is there a way to save projects in a uniform format so that we can both continue working on the projects?

… in my brain, I would hope, that as I am licensed for full C7, I should be able to also start/load/use Artist.7, this would then alay any cross intecompatabilty issues between the cubase product line up.

… any sugestions/tips/help very welcome.

cheers
/Stef

work with a template from artist

oh, ok, so the full Cubase7, also contains that Artist7 templates already? … or do I have to source these from elsewhere …

(I even tried downloading the “Cubase Artist 7.0.0 Core Installer.exe” from :
http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads/downloads_cubase_artist_7.html

… but every attempt in trying to get an “Artist7” version to install, seemed to somehow see that I had the full version on the system … (with or without dongle plugged in …)

but every attempt in trying to get an “Artist7” version to install, seemed to somehow see that I had the full version on the system .

Pretty sure the full and artist versions are only differentiated by the licence itself so you can’t run Artist.

As long as you don’t use any of the Full version specific features your project should open OK.

ok thanks, I also just found the following link/matrix which confirms your comment, also bolstered by the
comment of :

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/compatibility-and-interchangeability-of-project-files/kb_back/2020.html

“Settings of functions or areas of the program which are not available in the used application will usually be discarded or cannot be edited.”

I regularly share projects with two people who use Artist, we don’t have any problems opening each other’s files. I stick to the basic Steinberg plugins or render anything down that is special. It all works very well.

[Pity the iPad version isn’t compatible too!]

Mike.