Using Genos as a keyboard only with Cubase

I use my Genos just as an input keyboard to Cubase using Halion Sonic SeE but find that the sound is muffled. what am I doing wrong?

Hi,

MIDI data (you send from Genos) are not a sound, they cannot be muffled. You have to get the very same sound, if you put the MIDI data to the track manually. Could you confirm?

Could you attach a screenshot of the Studio Setup > MIDI Setup, please?

Perhaps to explain it better, the sound from the onscreen keyboard with Halion Sonic or Kontakt sounds ok - it is when I use the genos keyboard to play the VSTs that it sounds different. I am aware that I can alter the volume by moving the sliders so suspect that there is something between the Genoss and the output sound thats affecting things.

Hi,

Could you attach a screenshot of the Studio Setup > MIDI Setup from Cubase, please?

Sorry,

I thought the two photos were the studio set up. I have connected my genos to my pc via the usb output so I do not think that i am using midi.

Hi,

The photos are not from Cubase, as I asked. So again…

Could you attach a screenshot of the Studio Setup > MIDI Setup from Cubase, please?

Amazingly, I am back again. After all this time I still have the same problem. When I play the instrument via the on screen keyboard it sounds fine but when I use the Genos via the usb midi connection it sounds different. I have attached the studio set up

Hi,

Make sure, the Local Control is switched Off on Genos. If it’s switched On, the sound is triggered twice (once from the keyboard directly, second one back from Cubase).