Using multiple mics plus round robin!!

I’ve been getting to know Halion over the past few months.

I can build myself an multi-sampled instrument with velocity layers and round robins. I’ve also built myself an instrument with multiple mics which can be controlled with faders/knobs on the macro page. Not entirely sure how to combine those two things however.

Whats the best way to go about having a round robin instrument where I can have multiple mics controlled via the macro page?

So for the rr’s I’ve been sampling in my instrument, note by note, and I have different layer for each round robin. I then use the alternate layer midi module. I get bit stuck though when I want a second mic in the mix… I can put the two mic samples in the same layer and they will play simultaneously, but I want to be able to have a slider to raise lower the mics, so I need to route them to different busses I guess… I’m unsure how to do that.

Any help would be appreciated.10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254

You could create a layer for each mic at the top level. Then put the round robins inside them. Then you can control the level, pan, mute of the 2 main mic layers.

Did you record the samples with multiple mics at the same time? The problem with this approach could be that depending on how you set up the layer alternate module, you might get different round robin sample for the same note.

Or you could create the mic layers as the last sublayer inside the rr layers. But this will be much more complicated to control the different mic layers.