Using Sonarworks as insert on my monitors in control room, any need to bypass when mixing down?

Hi!

So, if I use Sonarworks reference 4 as an insert on my monitors in control room. (NOT as an insert on my stereo out bus)
Is there any need to bypass it when I export my mix? Or does that not effect the routing through my stereo out.

I know that if I use Sonarworks reference 4 as the last insert on my stereo out I have to remember to bypass it when I mix down to not color the sound.(And that is something I often forget to do…)

It would be lovely to just have it sit on my monitors insert in control room and not worry about bypassing it when I mix down.

So do anyone know if this is the case?

k-

If you use Sonarwork in the inserts below your Main in control room it will not be apply on your mix downs. it’s active only for monitoring.

Well, that is perfekt! :smiley:

Cool, thx for the reply :slight_smile:

k-

Don’t know why I didn’t think of putting it as an insert in the monitoring section… To think how many seconds I could’ve saved not having to bypass it every time I want to render or mixdown, trust me it’s a lot. Haha. Thanks!

I was so happy when I discovered the inserts in the control room. I put my Limiter, Sonarworks, Insight, Span, and Magic AB there.