Using SX3 to import .all files from VST/32?

Hello all,

Hope to get help. i want to import vst/32 files into cubase 6.0.4. But, i read you have to use sx3 to do this. So i downloaded sx3 and latest elicenser. However, while installing sx3 i get a weird message like, “some other function is stopping the install at this time”. Or something like that. Then i can not go any further. i have to exit the installation. Cubase 6.0.4 is already installed and working fine. Just want to import the .all files from Cubase vst/32 5. Any help on this is highly appreciated. Also posted this on Cubase 5 forum. Thanks in advance to all.

Hi,

See the following thread. I had a similar challenge getting SX3 on as I needed the legacy plugins that are no longer supplied. I installed C6 first and then realised I had to install SX3 to get the plugins!

Thanks for your reply and solution Derek. Worked like a charm. i did however have to manually go to the C drive and delete any instance of the Syncrosoft software that was left during the uninstall. Thanks again! :smiley:

Why not just download these “legacy plugins” from the steinberg FTP server found here…

ftp://ftp.steinberg.net/Download/

hope this helps too :slight_smile:

nexis