Using Tones from my Yamaha keyboard through MIDI

Hi

I’m working with Cubase 6

I have a Yamaha PSR S500 keyboard. I’m using it as the MIDI controller. It’s hooked to my laptop through USB.

I want to be able to use the tones from this keyboard and record them in Cubase through MIDI… I’ve hooked it all up for that i.e the USB cable is carrying MIDI data and analog cables are connected from my keyboard to my interface…
I don’t have a problem with the routing in general ( I’m able to record MIDI and send MIDI to my keyboard and generate tones from my keyboard )…
The problem is I don’t know how to get the MIDI data from my computer to generate the tones I want from my keyboard i.e the MIDI data only generates a particular piano sound from my keyboard. I’m not able to change that

Even if I change the tone on the keyboard, the MIDI data from the computer still only triggers that one piano sound.

How do I do this?

Thanks

I don’t think this is possible. To use your keyboard sounds you connect the keyboard’s output to your soundcard’s input, treating it as audio.

http://www.motifator.com/

You might find a patch script that works in the 3rd link, or by asking around at the 4th link.

Your Yamaha treats incoming midi separate from panel settings. It functions as a 16 channel sound module.
The piano sound you hear are the first sound in the bank. To hear another sound you need to send program change data from Cubase to your Yamaha. This can be edited in the editor.