V. 3.5.11, lost playback sound

After a work trip, I go back to Dorico to pick up on a couple of projects and I find some quirks involving the license, presumably due to a Windows update, and got through that. And updated from 3.5.0 to 3.5.11. But I don’t have any sound. Checking with other software, I still have sound, so it’s definitely something to do with Dorico. But I’m not sure how to troubleshoot this. I haven’t really found anything obviously wrong yet, but I know that I don’t really know all the ins and outs and where to look.

Diagnostics file attached.
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (345 KB)

You are using the Generic Low Latency Audio driver, but that driver can’t find any output ports (hardware) to where to output the generated audio. So Dorico’s audio engine is sending all it’s sound to void.
You need to make sure that the driver (and also WinOS) not try to use the hardware device exclusively. Please watch the video Troubleshooting Playback Issues in Dorico | Support - YouTube . There are sections that deal with exclusive hardware access.
Please don’t hesitate to ask more questions if need be. We are happy to help.

That bit in the video about going into the Windows speaker properties and changing the default format to “16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD Quality)” did the trick. Windows must have “updated” that for some reason in a recent update. Thanks!