v1.2 undo redo

I held off on posting this as there were quite a few issues with undo/redo fixed in this update.

But, when in midi editor the undo resets the view of the event back to the start of the event at the starting zoom level. Why? Ideally the midi event should open at the cursor position for editing I would have thought, and certainly not reset to the start every time undo is hit, completely losing your position.

Also, the undo/redo messages flash by so quickly I can’t read them. What’s the point of a message if it can’t be read?

No-one else has mentioned this, so I’m a bit surprised. Is nobody editing midi in the editor?

Rob

Hello,

you are right. The resetting of the viewport is a known issue that is quite an inconvenience. We are aware if this problem.

Regarding your second point: I am using Cubasis on an iPad 3 and the messages are displayed for 2–3 seconds. Would you prefer having them displayed longer, or are they displayed shorter on your device?

Kind regards,
Frieder

Thanks for your quick reply.

Hope that can be fixed soon, will look forward to it.

On the second point I have an iPad 4 so maybe that’s the problem. It was touted as twice as fast as the iPad 3. The messages last about half a second so are unable to be read. Perhaps they need a timer, two to three seconds would be fine

Rob

Hello,

i just checked it on an iPad 4. You are absolutely right, this is much too short. We will investigate a fix.

Kind regards,
Frieder

Frieder,

Your response to issues has been amazing…I read the Cubasis section very frequently, no one should say you’re not on top of things. Difficult to top that.

I am having SERIOUS issues with undo redo in 1.2 - not as bad as 1.1, but I have still lost hours of work.

Please guys, I know you are working hard, but if basic functions of your app IRREPARABLY DELETE recordings, this is emergency fix stuff. Hitting undo, and then redo, FREQUENTLY causes Cubasis to load a completely different track to the one I accidentally deleted. The erase button is easy to hit if you have big fingers, and so every now and then I delete a track accidentally. Every fourth or fifth time, when I hit redo, the track is replaced with something totally unrelated, and the original is gone forever. It’s really heartbreaking.

I just worked on a bass line for an hour and a half, and it is GONE. You NEED to fix this, it is just the worst. I can’t understand how undo and redo is still not working, and in such a catastrophic way!

Your customer service has been super awesome, and I’m sure it will be fixed, but please - how can I trust your app with my work when it eats it so often :frowning: