vari audio driving me nuts

As per my other suggestion, how does it work for you if you do one vocal take, no more than that, in a fresh project, and set your start/end locators to the start and end of the track?

If it works at this simplest level, then its a process issue you’re having and not a glitch in the program.

Also just clicked on show regions in the editor and it shows all the takes and there is a facility there to remove the takes…thought I was on to something here…but no, I removed the takes from the actual editor but they are still there …and this is in a new project, the hits just keep on coming…Kevin

I can do one take ok, click the editor and there is one take to process…fine…the problems start when I do a few takes and keep one of them, all the takes are in the editor…and I’m in a new project…Kevin

I realy dont believe it to be a glitch in the programme, I think it’s down to me but just can’t figure what’s happening and why it’s so hard to correct…Kevin

I would have thought removing them from the actual editor would do it but they will not go away…

so now I’ve got the sample editor with 5 takes still there even though I removed them from within the editor but I cant select any of them ( they’re ghosts it would seem ) not even the one file I have not deleted…

You are doing cycle recording, aren´t you…?

:slight_smile:

:question:

the setting on the transport bar is cycle history +replace, but dont if that would effect it…hope it’s just this that needs changing…

I’ve been following the thread and this seems to be the most probable cause!!! Just made me smile …

Glad somebody’s happy but if this is it what should it be set on ?

so just tried it on …keep history…cycle history + replace and replace…same result everytime…too many vocals in the editor

Ah, Ok thought I overlooked something important…

Well, I don´t know if there were changes in C6 (I´m not using it), but in c5, cycle recording basically creates one continuous audio file, which you see completely in the sample editor. If you don´t want that, take the one take or region you want to keep, (like I tried to explain before), create a single new audiofile out of it (for example via “bounce selection”, or whatever options you have in C6 to do so) “replace”, delete the rest, open the sample editor on the newly bounced file - there you are…
Someone correct me if I´m wrong…

Hi thinkingcap…sorry I didn’t pick up what you saying before I’ve just done what you said and of course…it works, so thanks for that…when I was using cubase 5 I didn’t have to do this exporting stuff, just double clicked the part and it was there, this is a good workround but surely this isn’t what you have to do, this is like a backward step from C5.
anyway thanks for all the help and I can use this workround so’s I can keep on with the music but meanwhile I still gotta try an figure it out, or maybe thats how it is now if I ever get it sorted I’ll post it…thanks again everybody, hope I can input some help in the future, regards, Kevin

I didn´t mean “export audio mixdown”, I meant “bounce selection”. Also can´t check this atm, but IIRC this is the same behaviour in C 5…

Oh, I’ll look at the bounce selection, i understood audio mixdown as bouncing which I suppose it is …sort of, is the “bounce selection” within the editor ? I’m not very good with this stuff ( you’ve probably guessed by now ) and I can not thank you guy’s enough for the help you’ve given me…Kevin

ok…found the bounce selection thingy, didn’t know you could do it this way must’ve been doing something wrong before… dunno how I got away with it…learnt alot…thanks