Vari audio editing issues

I’m sure it’s something I may have been overlooking for a long time but; when I edit vocals in vari audio, especially when I have to do more than one even, frequently the work that I did, for whatever reason reverses itself back to where it was previously. If I copy an event because I like the dit job, same thing happens. What is causing this? Why aren’t changes made permanent? I spent 45 minutes fine-tuning vocals earlier only to play the song back and find out that all my work had undone itself.

What am I forgetting to do?

Hi,

The changes are not permanent, because Cubase prefers a non-destructive editing as much as possible in general. To make it permanent, Bounce the Selection (Audio Event).

If you cut the Audio Event to multiple of them, and you start to make any process, Cubase asks you, if you want to create a new version. Click to Yes. This will create a new Audio file, independent on the other Audio file, so the changes will not interfere.

So, I must bounce the events to make the changes permanent? Major workflow issue!

Anyway, thanks very much for the reply, much appreciated :slight_smile:

that is not true. You do not have to bounce to “save”. Someone misunderstood you. Permanent and “saved, un-doable, non-invasive” edits are not the same. I use vari-audio all the time and do not have to bounce the tracks. I don’t have a solution for you though.

Hi,

You have to Bounce the event, if you want to write the VariAudio changes to the Audio file.