VariAudio 3 Improvement Request

Its almost like I set myself a reminder a year ago; (weird.! :mrgreen: :ugeek: :confused: :laughing: )

Still a good list, but particularly item 9; hit it again this morning and why I’m here… An ability is needed, to smooth adjoining volume (gain) levels of segments, each side of an adjustment made on one segment.

Having used Melodyne a lot, I’m fairly fine with how VariAudio works and don’t mind opening up Melodyne now and then. I’d rather see Steinberg pay attention to other things… You can only ask for so much ya know. I think ARA2 eliminates the need for VariAudio to receive as much focus and attention as this thread is requesting because Melodyne and other tuning software can be used as part of the program now.

If you have Melodyne, maybe… If you’re willing to spend (at least for comparable feature-set) another 400 Euro, if you don’t. Maybe…

Its great that you’re covered. Good for you.

Regardless of ARA2, all the points made in this thread continue to be valid requests for improvements to VA3.

I’m realistic in that it probably won’t get another proper look at for another year or maybe more; but at least we have things documented here… Yes, there’s seemingly always things more important than our own personal area of interest… I get that.

(PS:- a much bigger topic - tempo mapping support with ARA2 anyone…?)

You are not

Ha.! Well, with @jguy555 that’s three of us… and there have been others… :wink:

But, that’s how it used to be… :slight_smile:

I found the answer is to work with slightly ‘bigger’ segments; increase the height of them (vertical zoom) and you won’t suffer this ‘glue tool’ happening so much… Downside, you might need to do more navigation moves inside the window to see what you want to actually work on…

But hey, got used to it now; working happily and rarely hitting that accidental glue tool thing any more.

PS:- did I mention, rubber-banding a selection (click+drag an area) would be great if it worked to scroll the window contents vertically, when you go beyond top or bottom limits of the viewport. Doing the same horizontally, the data scrolls in the window as you would expect, left/right. Annoying.