Variaudio - Algorithm switched to Standart Solo ? Everytime

Hello & greetings,

As you know there are 2 Main Options in Variaudio

“Standart Solo, Standart Vocals, etc”
and
“Elastique - Pitch Formant, Elastique Pitch, etc”

Usually I’m using Variaudio ONLY for SOLO VOCAL TRACKS. So I’m choosing “Elastique Pitch Formant” but Cubase ALWAYS ignores & says “the algorithm has been switched automatically to standard solo because variaudio pitching requires this”

Why cubase is doing this ?
or

WHAT IS THE BEST VARIAUDIO OPTION for SOLO VOCAL TRACKS ? Standart Solo, Standart Vocals or Elastique Pitch Formant ?

Thanks

the algorithm has been switched automatically to standard solo because variaudio pitching requires this

Variaudio only works with that algorithm, simple as that.

So why there are “Vocals, pads, mix, plucked, drums” options ?

Because Variaudio is not the only place, where pitch shifting or time stretching is used

Elastique definitely worked in 8.5. It was causing clicks and pops in 9, and I guess the “fix” in 9.02 involves disabling it from being used for VariAudio at all. :frowning:

1 Like

Variaudio pitch correction always worked only with its dedicated Standard solo algorithm. As soon as you turn on Variaudio it automatically changes to Standard solo.

Other algorithms including The Standard and Elastique collections can be used for timestretching via Audio warp markers or directly via alt-drag the audio event.

…BTW “elastique Pro formant” algo works much better with strong pitched back vocal than “standard solo” in VA
(try using it by cutting vocal track to notes, pitch them manually and then crossfade)

1 Like