VariAudio Causes Cubase 7 To Not Respond

Has anyone experienced any problems with VariAudio causing Cubase 7 to not respond? I found a post on this in regards to Cubase 6. Vari-Audio crash while "analyzing audio" 6.0.2 - #9 by TwinOak - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

I have chosen w64 format for recording since our live recording sets are long, thinking this will work better in storing the file, this particular vocal track is approximately 90 minutes in length. Have tried to use VariAudio and both times it freezes Cubase up on the 2nd step at 22% . I have to force close Cubase from the task manager and I have submitted a support ticket to Steinberg and awaiting the reply at this time.

I have 16gb of ram, and I do have about 5-6 gb of VST instruments loaded in this set. Does VariAudio only use ram to compute and store the file?

Anyone have any ideas on this? Thank you in advance for the positive help. Gary

My suggestion is to cut that 90 min. up into shorter segments, then use variaudio on each segment.

Kris.

Words to live by.

Thank you Kris for the suggestion. What exactly do you mean to cut it? Do you mean simply create two tracks of the vocal by using the cut and paste of the audio editor in Cubase? Thanks for helping. Gary

Sorry - split might be a better word.

No, not at all. I meant using the Scissors tool to split your audio into smaller contiguous segments.

Kris.

No problem. I’ll look it up in the manual and read how to do it. Thank you! I am so enjoying the new features of 7. Keep up the great work Steinberg. Gary

No, not at all. I meant using the Scissors tool to split your audio into smaller contiguous segments.

Kris.

I guess I’m doing something wrong. I am using the ‘alt’ plus left click (which is the split tool) and splitting about 1 minute of audio, then I double click that split to open the audio editor and when I click pitch and warp for VariAudio to process it, it still is processing the whole file. What am I doing wrong? Thank you for helping. Gary

After splitting, select the event you want to VariAudio
Choose ‘Bounce Selection’ from Audio menu
At prompt, choose ‘Replace’ event
Now double-click to open audio editor and proceed

Does that help…?

Yes that fixes it. :smiley: Thank you. Gary