VariAudio midi - All blocks move

Hi,

I am having issues in VariAudio when I have a track selected and try to move a single selected midi block in order to pitch-correct. The WAV file has been cut up to remove the silences. when I am in VariAudio, I select a midi block to pitch correct. I move it once, and the midi moves to pitch correct by itself, then I try to move to a second pitch up or down a second time and it moves ALL the midi blocks of that track, even though the midi blocks are not selected. I dont know if this has something to do with the fact that the WAV has been cut up?

Another issue in VariAudio: On the same WAV file I am working on I have cut/deleted the beginning of the WAV, deleting material I did not want, but it is still showing up in VariAudio and causing a problem while pitch-correcting midi blocks. My new start point jumps to the beginning of the original WAV file even after I deleted that part of the WAV file.

Can someone help?

Thank you,

Andy

I use Cubase 10.5 on a MacBook Pro, 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

I don’t think that you mean “MIDI block”, as MIDI and audio are different (unless you’re using a MIDI reference track under the VariAudio?).

My (non-expert) suggestion would be to glue all the separate audio clips together, then bounce them down. Then try editing the VariAudio, and see if this solves the problem.

I don’t think that you mean “MIDI block”, as MIDI and audio are different (unless you’re using a MIDI reference track under the VariAudio?).
When you are in Variaudio there are blocks that you can move up and down. I guess they are not midi blocks, but they look like midi blocks.

A couple of weeks ago I was able to edit in variaudio without it moving all the notes at once or it jumping back to the beginning. I dont know what is going on.

It is inconsistent. There are sometimes where I can edit without a problem, and then for some unknown reason it will start moving all the “blocks” or it will jump back to the beginning. I just started seeing this a week or 2 ago. At this moment I can edit, but I know it will go back. I dont know if it is a preference thing. Obviously a user problem.