VariAudio: notes/segments disappeared

I sent you my preferences folder

Hi,

I haven’t seen any preferences folder ZIPped and attached so far.

It would have been nice, that they told us, that they needed those corrupted files to find a solution.
I get, that this isn’t easy to fix or easy to reproduce, but there was also no Dev or Support Person reaching out here to ask for those files?

@Tj99 VariAudio: notes/segments disappeared - #29 by Martin.Jirsak

Well, then this is not true:

1 Like

Hi all,

This issue is going to be fixed in the upcoming update.

4 Likes

Thank you for letting us know!

I have the same issue on my laptop and computer both running windows 10! Really need this to be fixed!

I have the same Bug on my machine(Win10, AMD Raedon Vega8 Graphics Card, newest driver) , please Steinberg, fix this!

I had the same issue with a project once created in Cubase 11 and now to be edited in Cubase 12. Deleting the Cubase 12 preferences folder in %appdata% (Win 10) fixed the problem.

Cubase 12 latest update. I was right in the middle of fixing vocal pitch issues today when variaudio stop displaying notes/segments. I saw that there was an earlier post about this issue which has since been closed. I’m working with a paying client and right in the middle of a project where I need this functionality. HELP!

Please follow the instructions in one of the two topics. If you scrolled down, I left a link to this topic before closing the other duplicate topic.

I have this issue for more than a month, deleting default.xml file solved the issue for a while then appeared again, I can´t loose all my preferences again, this problem needs a solution from Steinberg not workarounds.
I had to stop using this feature and use Melodyne.

AFAIK this is going to be adressed in the upcoming maintenance update. In the meantime I suggest you backup a working default.XML file. So you dont have to delete it and lose your settings when this happens, you basically just replace the corrupt one with the backup and are g2g. When it happens again, repeat.

Can you please put that link in this thread. I don’t know where the link is you say that you posted.

Hi, I’ve merged your topic with the existing open topic that I mentioned.

Yes, I see that but I still don’t know how to rectify the issue. I see several posts about deleting preferences (I have no idea how to do this) or delete “xml files”. (is this your recommendation?)

Go to this folder:

Mac: ~/Library/Preferences/
Win: %appData%\Steinberg

And delete all Cubase folders, or temporarily move them somewhere else.

I’ll give this a try. Thanks

To clarify, remove any folders that have Cubase in the name?