VariAudio: notes/segments disappeared

Ok, here the Preferences folder (too large for the forum):

I’ll try, thank you.

I’d like to try to export a secure profile, but unfortunately I can’t find a way to make the VariAudio working again.

Ok, it’s definitely a weird and unpredictable issue.

• I trashed preference file ( Defaults.xml - losing all my Control Room, control surface settings… OK, calm down, just for testing)
  • Started Cubase and opened a casual-always-working old project
  • Double click on a audio clip and turn on VariAudio
  • Result: ok, VariAudio was working

Going on:

• Close the edit window
  • Re-open edit window
  • Result: VariAudio was broken again, no matter what I did.

That’s it. My studio is stucked. Please, any tips?

@Martin.Jirsak have you check my preferences? Can you reproduce the issue? After many tests, I noticed that’s something about tempo definition/musical-time mode. After many tries, I have VariAudio on after change the combination with those paramters. Unfotunately, I can’t make it work anymore, just once, so I don’t find a real workaround yet.

OK, I go deeply to the issue.
The problem is when AudioWarp AND VariAudio are active together. The issue is clip-relative, so you can find that some clip, in the same track, is affected by this and some other not.
(In the red box, in italian: “ACTIVE PROCESSING = pitch and warp”)

If I switch to Musical Mode, AudioWarp active itself (don’t know why) and VariAudio get broke. In this scenario I can’t able to disable AudioWarp.

So, I have to

• manually change the tempo definition on every single event (on the pool or by the inspector definition tab) to match the project;
  • reinitialize the definition;
  • now AudioWarp should be off;
  • turn on VariAudio and now it works.
    (In the red box, in italian: “ACTIVE PROCESSING = pitch”)

What now? I can see the notes, but I can’t change the lenght and every edit doesn’t affect the audio!. Also, it’s impossibile to turn on the Warp.

2 Likes

Countertest:
I forced the activation of the AudioWarp by using the HitPoint function that creates Warp Marker. Result: AudioWarp on, no bars /notes in VariAudio.
So, my conclusion is that pesists some bug in the VariAudio - AudioWarp interaction, they tend to exclude each other.

Others with the same issue in Nuendo:

I’m no longer counting the number of bugs currently present with VariAudio.
It interferes with AudioWarp, Musical Mode and resizing the Editor window.
However, most of those bugs are only occurring in the Lower Zone Editor, which is also the source of many other trouble, like this one.

So, the real issue (disappearing notes) does not come from VariAudio, but from the Lower Zone Editor itself, which causes serious graphical and performance issues with various functionalities. Period.

1 Like

Unfortunately, the bug I described in this thread is not window dependent: editing VariAudio on a separate window (not in the lower zone) doesn’t affect the bug.

Hopefully fixed Wed with 12.0.30.

I can’t upgrade if VA is working like that.

Unless … it’s not just a Mac issue, is it?

It’s on Windows too :laughing:

I’m on Win 11.

sadly this also applies to melodyne and the extention, i think it might have started my problem. pitch processing in plugs like MAUTOPITCH also doesnt work at all. really weird. its a 12.0.20 thing for me…

1 Like

Now getting this myself on 12.0.30 - really annoying, trashed prefs and it still remains… :frowning:

Never had serious issues before, but C12 has been nothing but a pain and this is a key component as to why I use Cubase. So very annoying.

2 Likes

Hi,

Are you sure you trashed the preferences properly, please? Did you see the Register message during the next start, please?

Yeah, I did. I saw it pulling my settings from the previous version too. Done it a few times.

I just wonder if I should just trash all Cubase_x_64 folders so nothing gets migrated from pre C12 settings, perhaps? I’ll try that later.

Hi,

Yes, I would try to trash all Chubase preferences folders.

1 Like

Brilliant, thanks for the pointer. Now working.

For anyone else reading, I removed (Dragged to desktop) all folders (In my case Cubase 9-11) and now back to normal -phew- :slight_smile:

Creating a new project is now very slow since trashing them all, ~30 seconds. But as I’m between work I can’t look into why that is - any ideas?.

Cubase looks…urm… very foreign set to default! This is going to be fun for next few days lol.

Thanks again :+1:

You can still import back the PluginManager.xml and UserPreferences.xml, or any simple files like the ones that store presets (color presets etc).
The main culprit for issues is generally Default.xml and maybe a few other ones.

1 Like

Hi,

I would say the most important one is the Key Commands.xml for the most users.

2 Likes

Seems that removing just the Defaults.xml file sorted variaudio - many thanks!

Copied all my original files back and only removed that, all good again… PHEW! :slight_smile:

2 Likes