I think you’re misreading what’s required.
- Create a new project
- Create an audio track
- Set audio track to -10dB FS
- Create a VCA which is connected to that audio track (VCA @ 0, audio track still @ -10)
- Draw some automation on the VCA channel which goes from 0 to -oo (e.g. a few bars into the project)
- Position the cursor on the VCA automation which is @ -oo and save the project
- Close the project
- Re-open the project
- Position the cursor at the front of the project
–> Expected: Audio track would be @ -10dB FS at the front of the session with the VCA @ 0
–> Action: Audio track is now @ 0dB FS with the VCA @ 0
Super easy to reproduce here.