VCA faders still not working

I just selected all channels, created a vca fader inside a folder, and got the old “Cubase has encountered a serious problem, try to save under another name” error message. Anyone else still having this problem? Cubase did it before and after the .30 update. :question:

Hi,

Could you try in Safe Start Mode, please? Or trash your Preferences folder, please.

Thanks Martin, trashing the preferences did the trick!

I spoke too soon, trashing the prefs. worked for a day then today, adding a vca fader corrupted a file, first the try to save under another name, then cascading error messages, now it will not open. It was a new song that I was just about finished. Would someone please let me know when this gets fixed. By the way Martin, if I start in safe mode, the driver for the elicenser, and of course I can’t open cubase.
Trashing the prefs is really getting old, that means I can’t save :cry: templates and is always a temporary fix.

It’s not your computer that needs to be started in safe mode, it is Cubase.
Besides that VCA works perfectly well here, if there was some kind of bug there would be a flood of messages about it.
I suggest finding out what in your system is causing the crash.
Any crash can corrupt preferences, try trashing the prefs. Once again, and go to the profile manager and export your profile once you have set up Cubase how you want it. That way you can easily get back your settings if you have to trash prefs. again.

Any crash can corrupt preferences, try trashing the prefs. Once again, and go to the profile manager and export your profile once you have set up Cubase how you want it. That way you can easily get back your settings if you have to trash prefs. again

Hi all, Peakae in particular. Re the above, what did you’ve mean by “export your profile”? I have program called “syncback free” that back up the prefs folder everyday (i have had to rethink that as it backed up what had become a corrupted prefs folder the other day). What you are suggestimg sounds more “solid” :slight_smile:

Best Regards

Dave

Hi,

If you have got a crash, could you send me the crashlog file, please?

Profilemanager in Cubase. Not in front of computer, I guess in the File menu.

Someone please help started messing with the profile manager. Now I don’t have any of my preferences, or custom keys, and there is no way to load them. Please help, I have a project that I want to finish. Help me get rid of that profile, and I still don’t know where safe start is. BTW this just started again after the .30 update.

Sorry, got the preferences and keys back. The profile manager just wiped them out.

Thanks Peakae