VCA style fader for controlling automation for midi / instrument tracks

Some sort of master midi track which allows you to control a parameter(s) for multiple nested midi / instruments tracks would be invaluable.

A use case - let’s say you have a complex ostinato created over 12 different midi channels feeding into various VSTs. Now you want to non-destructively add a velocity ramp to one section of this ostinato using the Velocity Shift parameter. Currently, you have to manually edit this parameter for every midi channel. What I propose is a VCA style fader for midi channels which would allow you to input the Velocity Shift data once and have it apply to all the midi channels grouped within that ‘fader’.

This kind of control would speed up midi-based composition a lot for those of us who deal with lots of midi tracks in one project.

I was just thinking the same thing. I know that you can create something in DP called MIDI Device Groups which lets you create a track that will control up to 10 others, but that’s the limit and you can’t “nest” them. This site won’t let me include the link, but if you look at an old video on YouTube called " Screencast #6 Bidule DP Update with Kontakt 3.5" by Mike Patti of Cinesamples and scroll to 03:19 you’ll see it. I don’t know about other DAWs. Any luck finding something out?