Ventura upgrade problem with UR22Mk11

After the Ventura Upgrade Mac OS 13.0, the UR22 MK11 requires unplugging and plugging back in after a shutdown and restart of the Mac, Ventura doesn’t recognise the UR22 on re- boot Cubase12 shuts down and re-boots ok, until the system is re-booted.

2 Likes

Hi,

Thank you for the report.

Just to mention, there is no official macOS 13 compatibility for any Steinberg product yet.

1 Like

any news on this with Cubase 12 ? has anyone else tried it ?

Hi,

All news to this topic are available here.

That link does not have all news on this topic, only the official support status.
The previous macOS update took weeks finish testing, and some of us are excited for Ventura features. Unofficial reports are helpful.

Thank you to nickyboy180 for posting, I will see if we can attempt a Ventura upgrade this weekend. Plug/unplug would be a fine price to pay for deskview and a non-broken Mail search function.

Don’t upgrade. Wait 6 months at least. You are just asking for trouble. I’m running macOS 12.6.1 and no issues at all on an M1 Mac. If you have not gone to M1 yet, there are lots of deals and if you buy and M2 you are going to get macOS 13.

Hi Gary,
Unfortunately it was updated in error, had I knew it was a Beta there’s no way, Ive now taken the only option that was available vis the recovery route, I’m nw at Catalina, the only option from the updates is bloody Ventura, I’m now looking for a way of getting to Monterey from Catalina, I can’t see a way yet, Ill keep hunting, I think Option+command +R upgrades to the latest Mac OS I think that’s Monterrey as Ventura is still in the Beta Stage. Thats What I’m Praying.
Cheers Nick

1 Like

I ran into this before and I think I had to download the installer from the App Store. On this link there is a macOS 12 on the bottom of the page. I can see it in the app store but that could be because that is what I’m on. I know this won’t but if you took a Time Machine backup you should be able to recover from that. Also, for future, I use a software called SuperDuper! for the mac and it is not expensive and it will clone your entire drive. I know this doesn’t help now but backups are so important.

Thanks for that info, it hopefully will get me out of a hole.
I’m still trying to find how to restore my iCloud stuff back to my iMac 27 desktop, :man_shrugging:

Hi Martin,
After going through many hoops I had reinstalled Monterey, I have now reinstalled Cubase12, and some of the FCP_SMT files have been put in the wrong place, as directed by the download assistant, my problem is the path that the installed sound sets doesn’t exist.I’m attaching 4 snapshots, library Manager, Download assistant, My Downloads Folder, and the proposed path in the finder, when I get to the content folder there’s the VST sound Folder and an empty User content, what’s baffling me Halion works with sounds so they all haven’t got to this place, the target Folder in the download assistant wis set to my downloads folder, something I hadn’t noticed, I hope you maybe able to point me in the right direction.
Cheers
Nick

Hi Martin,
Have found where the VST’s etc should be installed, my problem is I’m not sure how the reinstall all these files again, or could I copy them over from my downloads folder into their right positions. Then delete from the downloads folder, or is there a correct way of doing this, I can now see hoe this has happened the download assistant set the target folder to as you can see my downloads folder, if I click on the install again will it download all the files again or does it reinstall to the correct path that I set in the top install all space? Cheers Nick

Hi,

These are not VSTs, these are *.vstsound files.

You can just copy them from the Downloads folder.

Hi Martin,
Thanks for that Info, so I’ll copy all of the .vstsound files from the downloads folder, into the Content-VST Sound folder. That should clear the missing files message.
Cheers Nick

1 Like

Hi Martin, what is the difference between Content VST Sound folder, and Content, Halion, VST Sound Folder what goes in each, as I have the same files in both, Cheers Nick

Hi,

You can set the path in the Steinberg Library Manager later. So you can put it to any folder.

Don’t upgrade to Ventura, it’s not comparable with Cubase 12 it doesn’t recognise UR 22 mk11 on boot up, you have to keep plugging it in after every re- boot also the copy feature in midi by holding down the alt key before releasing the moved event doesn’t work it just moves the event, that’s after 2 days I have no idea what else awaits🤬

Hi Martin I had another guy suggest to me this,
/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Components/ to /Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Components_Off/

it ran and worked, the only thing to sort out is these error messages hope this is of some use to you

Hi,

Cubase 12 is acOS Ventuera compatible, as you can see Cubase 12 Activation process is described here.

Hi,

OK, one of the component causes the crash. It would be nice, if you could remove the components one by one to find out, which one is faulty.

Hi Martin, With it Off, I have 12 fully functional as far as I have discovered, I’ll carry on with it working to clear my back log, then I’ll play with kit inside that folder, when you say remove you mean dump to bin, the I could return all those that were OK and leave the culprit in the bin, would that help highlight the problem, or just leave that folder off