VEP5 and Cubase 7.5 No Instance Available

I am running VEP5 alongside my Cubase 7.5 projects and have been doing so for some time with great success. Recently when working on some mixes I have come across a problem that is hugely dibilitating and something I can not consistently repeat.

Two sessions I have that have been loading VEP5 succesfully for the entire production have recently been loading in cubase without connecting to VEP5. The plug in instance says NOT CONNECTED and when I go to the CONNECT prompt there are no AVAILABLE INSTANCES. The strange thing is earlier today I opened the same session and at first there was no instances available, then one flashed on, flashed off then back on. I clicked on it and it opened the VEP5 session associated with the cubase session. The next time I opened the same session in cubase there again was no AVAILABLE INSTANCES and for the life of me could not get it to find the VEP5 session.

Currently, I am working on 10 tracks for the same album all of which I am running VEP5 alongside Cubase. The problem is occuring on 1 song consistently, sporadically on a 2nd and the rest are working perfectly.

I am using VEP5 on the same system as Cubase and running on Mac Mavericks.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Strangely, the last time I opened the project. The instance was not there at first then blinked in and out about 7 times before I could grab the instance in the menu and connect it. Any ideas?