Vertical Justification issues

Hi,

so, I’m just putting the finishing touches on my score and I have some vertical justification issues. Firstly, part of one system has disappeared off the bottom of the page and I can’t find a way to set it straight. See below

Secondly, is there a way to better justify a page when there are two systems on one page? The examples below are how they are just now.

Thanks for any help

Simon

1. The space size (staff size) is too small for that size paper IMO. I’d increase it.
  2. Increase your values in Layout Options—Vertical Spacing—Ideal Gaps
  3. Lower the percentage threshold of the second field in Layout Options—Vertical Spacing—Justification.

Regarding the first picture: have you made changes to manual staff spacing? If so, select those red handles and delete them.

It seems fine now. I closed and opened the program again and it was fine.

However, I now have a freak bar amidst all the 8/4 bars of the piece…

See this -
Screenshot 2020-10-14 at 17.19.39.png
I have no idea what is going on and have tried to change the meter and time signature etc…any ideas?

You’re missing a 16th-note beat. Select any of the rests in that bar and type Shift-B, 1x, Enter to add a 16th-note value to make the bar complete.

It’s not unexpected. When you change time signatures, Dorico doesn’t “create” additional beats… it just uses what you have. So sometimes you can end up with a partial bar, as you have there.

You can avoid this by having Insert mode active when inputting new time signatures - then Dorico will add any extra beats at the end of the region to fill the bars. It’s not the default because sometimes the extra beats can mess up existing lines of music.