Vertical spacing at bar 66

Hello! I am having a hard time making all the systems vertical space equal. Please help.

At bar 66, on the Tenor Sax I cannot figure what is making the spacing bigger.

Thank you…
vertical spacing bar 66.dorico (3.2 MB)

1. Turn System Track on
  2. Use the System Track to select all of Bar 70
  3. Filter All Text
  4. (You’ll see an orange line attaching some blank and hidden text to the stave). Press Delete

Carlos, it’s always worth showing signposts when you have this kind of issue, because very often you’ll spot an unexpected signpost at the position that’s giving you trouble.

1 Like

Try this (maybe):

— Cmd+Shift+L > Vertical Spacing > Vertical Justification, try the justification value below:

— Click OK.

Just a note about that: when I was first checking this file out with signposts on, there wasn’t actually a signpost for it. I had to filter all text, and then toggle hide/unhide, only then did the empty signpost appear (just a pink box) .

Oh! That was so easy to fix. Thanks a million for your fast help, to all of you. I love Dorico and the forum.

Hi DanielMuzMurray,

I understood completely your solution but when I am trying to fix it following your advice, step 4, I don’t see any orange line… any ideas?

Thanks for your time

It’s called an attachment line. From the manual: “Attachment lines link items to the rhythmic positions to which they apply, so it is always clear where they belong.”

For what it’s worth, I had to toggle hide/show text with signposts turned on before I noticed the line.

I’m not sure what else to write, sorry!

Thank you, I just couldn’t see it but did all you direct me to do and at the end, I did Cmd click the text that I need to keep to deselect them. Then hit delete and the invisible offending text dissapeared and my spacing came back to normal.

Thanks a lot for your help!

All the best!