Vertical Zoom with Mousewheel+Key [Achieved]

Would Vertical Zoom with Mousewheel+Key improve your workflow?

• Yes
  • No
0 voters

Combined with Horizontal Zoom and scroll up/down/left/right (which are all implemented as mousewheel commands), this would let you fly around the project with incredible and consistent ease.

2 Likes

its already there…just hold down control and use the mousewheel

No that’s horizontal zoom. I want to hold Ctrl-Alt (or whatever) and move the mouse-wheel and have the track sizes zoom in/out…like in every DAW including the free Audacity lol. Zipping around a project being able to fully control Horizontal/Vertical Zoom and scrolling Up/Down all with mouse-wheel-with-key commands is HUGE, and frankly kind of unbelievable to be still lacking.

I don’t want to sound ungrateful lol, I immediately bought the 8.0 upgrade! Just, these little incredibly-easy-to-implement things that are still not there in a DAW that dates back to the Atari ST…just frustrating is all.

Vertical zoom plz!

+1
Pressing ctrl/alt would be a better option than having to hover the cursor over the vertical zoom slider to use the mouse wheel to zoom vertically. Also an option to press a different key for finer zoom control (like we had in 7.5) would be beneficial.

Regards. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I’m really missing vertical zoom using the mouse wheel. It makes no sense having it implemented for horizontal zoom but not for vertical. I use it in Samplitude all the time Alt + Mousewheel vertical zoom and Ctrl+Shift +Mousewheel vertical scroll.

2 Likes

+1. Yes, Alt to get vertical zoom would do the job for me.

Mike.

A good idea. Although, since buying an Kensington Expert Trackball Mouse I just use the Scroll wheel and I can scroll Vertically. This combined with the CMC-AI for (horizontal scrolling) is killer.

Oh god thank you!
I was so hoping there was a thread about this.
I use Studio One all the time as well and this is my only gripe with Cubase.
Why oh why is there not a vertical zoom with either alt+scroll and ctrl+shift+scroll??

Its actually killing me. I may die without this feature. Bereft of life, pushing up the daisies like an ex parrot.
There must be a hack in the key commands.
I’ve tried but the assign button doesnt recognise the scroll on the mouse. :frowning:

1 Like

i had to make it in autohotkey. if anyone (PC users) is interested i can share the code / exe and walk you through setting it up (in the coming days). it should be implemented natively however, for obvious reasons…

i made my script for alt+mousewheel vertical scrolling public:

1 Like

+1 ! Very unconvenient not to have this.

1 Like

Yeah, it will be much comfortable for me if Steinberg will add this simple option. It will be even better if we can choose modifiers in the settings menu

2 Likes

+1

+1

+1000

+1

+1 - but provided nothing about horizontal scrolling with the mouse wheel is sacrificed to accommodate this feature.

+1

1 Like

+1 yes please

Steinberg make it happen.

2 Likes

+1
it’d be very useful.

1 Like