Very quiet....

Why did the old forum have to close?

Seems so quiet round here, like an era has passed, quite sad really.

Yes, it’s very very very very very quiet in Nuendo forum land. The forum change, like a Tsunami, has swept most of the forum good wills or were they all pirates ? :smiley:
It’s hard to rebuild the user base after such a change it seems. At least, life is easier for the mods.
It’s more of a support forum now. Less talks, less people, less electricity, less battles, less laughs.
Internetosphera is more devoted to facebook, news from the world and revolutions.
Why don’t you start a “Behringer against Apogee” thread man ? :wink:

Be well, Safeandsound, see you in a bunker sometimes maybe.

PS : your links’ signature is all screwed.

It is wished so…

Have to agree I use to visit the old forum almost every second day. There seemed to be so much more going on then. Now when you log in and see the total post in the Media Lounge is only 40 after 4 months of the new forum its really disappointing. Sadly I’m finding myself more and more over at Post Production on gearslutz. But still hanging around here and hoping it may pick up

Hello :slight_smile:

Yes - I have to say it is not the same anymore - but in my case it is only partly relating to the new forum. It is more relating to the dudes who are participating, or not participating, there was a time I was happily online and this was mainly because of the users and the “spirit”, talking mostly offtopic with an audio-tendency and so on.

And I usually have phases where I am “here” more often and phases where I am not visiting the board for weeks.

Recently I built my new DAW and all of a sudden I was here quite often - partly because I needed help - and partly because I met a lot of mates from the old forum here all of a sudden. The B-Connection!

In general I am not that interested in geartalk anymore, I love the fact that I am ultra-busy in my studio but in my “freetime” - I usually like to do something else instead of talking about gear. Thats why I stopped participating @ Gearslutz years ago as well. The Nuendo Forum was a kind of “a home base” all the years, I never participated in a Forum that long, in Fact of Nuendo it is more than 10 years!!

There was a time where I first opened Nuendo.com in the morning, after that I checked mails. It was a cool time :slight_smile:

what Brandy said…

and really, the old forum towards the end just became a b-itch fest dragged down by probably 7 or so people when I reflect on it - very sad - and much of the same continues here. And the clamp down on the fun like EEC, who sometimes was a bit off-color, but was fun and posted some of the most interesting music - I miss that very much. I miss all the "Dan"s and others who were helpful and brought a lot of insight not only about Nuendo but also about the business.

I do credit a handful of users for ruining the vibe here and forcing a near police-state - they should have just moved on to some other software - like any of us would give a damn really, but they made it their agenda to ruin a good forum that was for so long a time the best support forum for a great product that many of us get a lot of value from.

I come here now, occasionally to see the same old b-itching about leap-frogging and other nonsense, and I’m just tired of it. I do miss what was the old Nuendo forums and many of the users, but we have apparently all been worn down by the continuous bombardment of negative rants - the TROLLS have taken the bridge. Bastards! :cry:

There are quite a few reasons why it is so quiet in here…

1. The new forum is far more clicks away (it feels so. Actually, it’s just two more clicks, choosing Nuendo and choosing the language before getting access).
  2. Nuendo feels less and less like a flagship application. It biggest competitor is not the native PT but Cubase, which is just around the corner…
  3. The quite heavy surveillance (“police state mentality”) of the new forum is bad, but on the other hand I need to admit that the attitude of many users has changed since January 2005, where this was a quite anarchic, but friendly place.

In the end, the biggest showstopper IMHO is that a forum needs a critical mass of members to work. This critical mass is not available anymore.

BR
Matthias

There’s a simple solution to that. Wanna guess what it is?

Who?

Just because you don’t think something is a problem doesn’t mean that others don’t, or that it isn’t. But be that as it may, maybe you could contribute by starting some positive threads then? That would surely be a more positive contribution to the atmosphere, no?

Like me, Steve (Bullmoon) has been on these forums from the very beginning.
So I think that I am well placed to say that Bullmoons’ trackrecord of helping and contributing in a positive and constructive way is almost unsurpassed. So please give the man some respect.

Fredo

We were talking about this new forum though, weren’t we? So do you improve it by complaining about people complaining, or by contributing the type of content you wish to see?

We were talking about this new forum though, weren’t we? So do you improve it by complaining about people complaining, or by contributing the type of content you wish to see?

I think maybe what Fredo is saying is there are two ways to complain, with respect for others or just non-stop b - ching. One way gets you results, the other, not so much.

John.

Again though its really boils down to marketing the product, creating hype, discussion, direction, feedback… All the stuff that we’ve discussed before. You need to keep the product interesting to just for new customers but existing. Keeping the forum alive and happening is partly our problem but more so Steinberg.

That’s strange. To me it doesn’t look like he said that at all. He was talking about another poster. That was pretty much it.

All of a sudden the forum is not quiet anymore. Who’s B-itching ? Would it be me ?
All people with a nickname starting with B start wondering… :smiley:

There’s Bullmoon over bourbon street tonight…
Bifop

The trolls have taken the bridge.

Yup, sometimes it does feel that way. But regardless of volume and tone of chatter, this is still a great place to exchange ideas and information from time to time. The friend/foe button doesn’t hurt, either!

Chewy

No, we are talking about the new forum vs. the old forum.

Bullmoon has explained why he doesn’t post as often as he used to be.
Like many others, merely because he has enough of the negativism of a small group of users. (Unless I misunderstood Steve)I don’t think he was pointing at you, but rather to a handful people who have made it a “mission” to damage Steinberg as much as possibly can.

So do you improve it by complaining about people complaining, or by contributing the type of content you wish to see?

Again, this is a discussion about the old forum vs. the new forum, and Steve just explained why he isn’t here more often. In my book that is 100% on topic.

Discussing and talking is about exchanging ideas and point of views, trying to understand the other or opposite point of view, trying to explain why you think differently, trying to convince people with valid arguments and weighing and evaluating those arguments within mutual respect for each other. Wikipedia “Debate”

Repeating the same things over and over again, throwing insults at people with a different point of view, and treating everybody who is not as the same page as an idiot, has nothing to do with discussing. The correct name is “trolling”.
Wikipedia “Trolling”

And that has happened way too often on this forum. The main reason why there is a zero tolerance. Unfortunately, that also means that we need to cut out some of the “fun” we had in the old days.

Personally, I don’t think the new forum has a lot to do with the fact that it is more quiet here. I think it’s a combination of things.

First of all, we lost all those who used a cracked version. You would be surprised how many.
Secondly, there is forum fatigue. Seen it, done that, been there. Exactly what some of the old farts (including me) are experiencing. At some point, you just walk away when the same question or rant is coming up again. Look at any other forum, they all suffer from forum recession.
And thirdly, I think many people are just tired of reading the overreacted, blown out of proportion complaints. Not saying that there aren’t any issues, not saying that some issues are extremely annoying for a specific workflow; but every time I see the words “unusable”, “totally broken”, “shipwreck” popping up, I cannot do anything else than sigh and shake my head.

In other words, for everybody, there come as time when the phrase “I have better things to do” overrules the fun-factor of standing on a box at Speakers Corner.

Fredo

A good example of a former forumite gone wild : here at work on a Cubase 6 thread at the DUC starting at post 17 and on… :open_mouth:
I’m glad D. still shows some sort of counterbalance.

I have to agree about “forum fatigue” as explained by Fredo. I feel that as well.
But you guys not done with me yet !

Peace to all, that’s mostly what the world needs at the moment (and good laughs).

@ Steve: Well said!

@ Fredo - DITO :slight_smile:

Esp this one:

Secondly, there is forum fatigue. Seen it, done that, been there. Exactly what some of the old farts (including me) are experiencing. At some point, you just walk away when the same question or rant is coming up again. Look at any other forum, they all suffer from forum recession.
And thirdly, I think many people are just tired of reading the overreacted, blown out of proportion complaints. Not saying that there aren’t any issues, not saying that some issues are extremely annoying for a specific workflow; but every time I see the words “unusable”, “totally broken”, “shipwreck” popping up, I cannot do anything else than sigh and shake my head.

Well, and there is one thing as well… I am (most of the time) tired to post because of various bugs, missing/dropped features and stuff like that. I just work on, try to workaround and try to not get mad. It is often just frustrating to write posts about things which are not working well… Sometimes I do. Then maybe I am sounding like an overreacting a**hole as well, but in such a moment I am just frustrated. Loosing presets all the time for example is nothing which I would call “that funny”… I do not know how I should be able working 80 or even more hours a week AND beeing some kind of developer, beta-tester and support dude as well, collecting bugs, creating repros and most important, posting all that in a good english in the forum. I did… (exept the thing with the good english ^^) but usually nothing happened. So - most of the time I just don’t have time and energy to post about a bug or a broken feature - I just work on and hope that this will be fixed someday…

Oh and I have to add two things…

• Matthias is right with the “two clicks thing”. It is hard to reach the forum. “yesterday” I just typed Nuendo.com - and there I was. No Cubase, No Wavelab, No Sequeltimebasehardwareblabla, just Nuendo. The family :slight_smile:

• I still love Nuendo, even when I am somewhat frustrated quite often these days and even when I am currently using Cubase for some reasons.

To put it into context, I used look at Nuendo forum at lunchtime at work and then look forward to
checking out updates on posts fo the evening (I may just be a very sad individual) but it is quite a difference in such a short time too.