Very slow Cubase startup

Cubase takes around 10 minutes to launch : it’s stuck on “Initializing: MIDI”.

It has done that for a long time, across many versions of Cubase 5. I just installed the Cubase 6 trial today, still the same.

Is there a way to solve that? Thanks.

Mine gets stuck at that exact point as well, but not for 10mins, maybe 10-15s, then it moves right along. If it does get stuck during boot up however, it is always at the initializing midi part.

10-15 seconds, lucky you…

A google search shows that this is a very old problem dating back to Cubase SX versions, but I haven’t found any answer.

Some suggest deleting C:\Users[username]\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 6\Midi Devices.bin or other files in that directory, no luck.

I think I’ll email support.

It’s an old task I know, but I have same issue like you.
My totally fresh installed C11 pro 11.0.30 takes about 10 minutes to start.
5 minutes to shut down, 5 minutes to load a simple project with 1 halionSE and 1 GA SE.
Opening MediaBay ( when some loop was selected last time ) either 10 minutes or never.

What I see is that there is sometimes a error message window popping up complaining about Halion does not have license or something like that.
This leads me to the assumption, that all activities being related to licencing and dongle access are causing these delay.

Did you solve the issue?