Vic France R.I.P.

Thanks for posting and for including the Guardian link. I had no idea who Vic France was (why France?) but it has always been eminently clear that he was one of those Cubase user who was a) incredibly helpful b) incredibly knowledgable and c) such a nice person. Whenever I saw a Vic France post I always read it.

Condolences to his friends and family.

Steve.

It would be a real tribute, if it was possible to collect some of Vic’s best posts and make them a sticky somewhere appropriate.
There are some real gems that should not be forgotten.

peakae, what a beautiful idea. Let’s do it- if you have certain of his posts in mind, PM me links, I’ll coordinate organizing/copying posts.

…and to all forum members the same, pass on to me posts Vic you feel would be good for this.

:slight_smile:

Victor’s posts on the subjects of Scoring and the Logical Editor, in particular, were truly incredible resources and should be preserved. What a fabulous idea, Peakae. Thank you and thank you, Steve for taking up this suggestion.

Sad to hear I have benefited from his wisdom several times.You’re spot on about the part about gifted musician as well.He was one of those who inspired me to stick with Cubase when I thought it was too complex.

So sad to hear this. I was thinking about him literally a few days ago when I realized how long it had been since I’d seen a post from him - and then trying to ignore one possible implication.

Vic is to a large extent the catalyst that got me to heavily participate in the forums. He was so helpful and patient explaining the nuances of the Score Editor & Expression Maps that I felt I owed him a debt that could only be paid by trying to help folks like he did.

Same here. Just yesterday I thought about him and wondered …

… he is my all-time favorite Steinberg forum member. One one the most crafty and well spoken people I have ever encountered. His posts are things of beauty in my mind.

Thank you, Vic!

My gosh, so sad… R.I.P. Vic.

Regards. :sunglasses:

I’m very sad to hear of Vic’s passing. He was very helpful to me, especially in the areas of the score editor.

It is very sad to hear about his passing. Vic was a true gentleman and met everyone in a friendly and welcoming manner - the way we all want to appear. Ever since I first visited the forum many years ago, he offered in-depth help and explanation in the most friendly way to me and everyone who needed it, and it seemed there were no question about Cubase he did not know the answer to. Unfortunately, I didn’t know his impressive background, but it speaks for itself.

May he rest in peace.

Vidar

I, too, owe Vic a heartfelt thank you for all the helpful posts that he responded to over the years, whether my own or someone elses. What he knew about the nuts and bolts of Cubase was certainly remarkable. It must have been child’s play to him, that was always my thought as I read any of his helpful responses. He will be missed here. Thank you, Vic France. R.I.P.

Also, forgive me for saying this at a time like this, but the idea of a sticky with some of his responses belies good intentions. I hope they surface and serve all Cubase users forever. However, Cubase has changed over the years. I wonder how timely these responses would be to new users? Not meaning to rain on the idea, of course.

I’m very sad to hear this. But in a way, this is a parting gift which makes me smile. It’s always very pleasant to get a peak at who people really are–especially someone who has been as helpful over the years as Vic.

I first encountered ‘Vic France’ on the old, old forum—almost 20 years now!!!

As a joke one time I commented on his screen name and replied in French that I didn’t know they got the Flintstones in France. To which he replied with a giant ??? :smiley: Now it all makes sense.

You were one of the best.

RIP Vic

Vic and I collaborated on quite a few orchestral templates on this forum. I shall always think of him whenever I see Fred Flintstone

Rest In Peace, Vic. You were a model for great human behavior on this forum, as it seems you also were in real life.

Too Sad to hear that. He really help me in numerous occasions. Rest in peace, Vic.

I was so used to seeing Vic’s always helpful posts for such a long time it’s hard to imagine there will be no more :frowning: .

Many of us will miss him, RIP Vic.

Sad to hear this. read many of his post and he really helped with his advice. top bloke.

rest in peace

He truly was an amazing guy! I always loved his posts because they were always thought through and pertinent and occasionally pretty funny! He will really be missed! A true gentleman.

One of the most helpful members on the forum. Often taking the time to answer my questions to him personally and at length via PM. His insight and generosity will be missed.

That’s shocking to me. He was a frequent poster in this forum for many years. I didn’t have much dealings with him but remember his name popping up a lot and he always seemed very helpful and knowledgeable.

I kind of thought he’d always be around.

:frowning:

Rest in peace Vic