I’ve used Cubase since version 6 and love it. However, over time I’ve noticed what other DAW’s have to offer. I’m not going to jump ship but I think looking to other DAW’s for inspiration is always a good idea. So I’ve searched the forum and put together a list of 10 features that I think would be of great value for upcoming versions of Cubase.
- New automation lanes (like Bitwig)
- New Fades/Crossfades (same as new automation lanes)
- Auto focus audio and midi content (like in Bitwig)
- Ability to rearrange and move tracks within the mixer window
- Ability to remove a track within the mixer window
- Ability to switch a track between mono and stereo
- Automatic tail size detection when rendering in place and when freezing
- Melodyne-quality VariAudio with formant option
- Vocalign style plugin for editing and matching timing between audio sources (great for post prod.)
- Support for AAF audio format import/export (great for post prod.)
I’m sorry that I’m not keeping with the 1 suggestion per thread, but I don’t know how else to provide the information in this video.